Friday, November 4, 2016

The Stalking Krakens

I'm going to start collecting yet another faction, and as you could probably guess, they're the loyalist marines. Now, I'm not saying that I've grown bored with my Orks or lost all faith in my Iron Warriors successors, but I want a break from being the 'bad guy' and want to get some more practice on my painting skills over my conversion skills which have improved massively since taking on the Orks.
As you all know, Iron Warriors aren't truly difficult to paint until you get to the hazard stripes, and even then that's only a couple of flare points on an otherwise all silver model. Orks, while having more to them than silver and a little yellow with black, can become more of a chore than anything because their large and blocky model facings don't offer much in fun detail work that needs to be applied.
Marines on the other hand, especially with the vertical split scheme and the levels of organization and uniformity gives me almost a hobby crush on them, because there is simply so many small details that can used to designate a model over the others... Aww yiss...
Anyway, just wanted to throw that up here bith to let all five of you followers to know about it, and also to try to jump myself back into this part of the hobby.
A sample picture is attached, but keep in mind the teal is going to be much darker than shown and the pauldrons aren't up to date with how I've organized the chapter.
Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment