Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Barge of the Dead

Back during my first years of playing 40k, my friend, General Baites, gave me a built Landraider, telling me he had no use for it and that ill 'definitely need it for when you start to play marines'. I laughed at the notion and thanked him for the gift. Two years later, Baites turned me to the Dark Powers and told me id better start using that Landraider from way back when.
Well, i don't much like land raiders. They cost too much for what they do, at least to me (and especially since there's only one flavor for Chaos), and are rather cumbersome.
So i bought a defiler and merged the two kits. The pictures you see are the final product of that.
Using leftover daemon prince bits, I made it seem that the daemon inhabiting the machine was trying to break free and even added the touch of making the crab claw arms in the same relative positions of the daemon's arms.
He's not perfect, but i love him.
His track record includes a game against Tau where a unit of melta crisis suits dropped right in front of him, got one hit through and caused an explodes result. The defiler shook it off with a 6 on his daemon save and on my next turn mulched the unit completely. After that, he ripped apart a, previously unwounded, riptide in one go. And THEN made contact with a fortress of redemption, blasting apart one side of the thing with the battle cannon. And charging the center. He crushed the center piece, and then became a wreck as the pathfinders haywired him to death with grenades. But, the other side of the fortress had been destroyed by my Autocannon Havocs, leaving the pathfinders and fire warriors stuck in the building, with no where to go and a big ol piece of Line of Sight blocking terrain in their face.
Good times.
In the fluff of the Iron Host, after a battle of rampaging through the enemy, The Barge is sent around the battlefield, scooping up all the bodies, guns, and other gear he can and bringing it back to the base camp to be used and repurposed. By asking nicely (read: "adding more seals internally"), some marines can hitch a ride into battle (fulfilling it's heritage of land raid-ing).

I also have reason to believe this is actually IS possessed. He's fallen from my car to the ground outside anything to hold him in and he landed properly without a scratch... When i picked him up a heard a faint laughter...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment