Wednesday, March 16, 2016

DeffKoptas

Just finished these guys up tonight. I had a lot of fun painting them (I know, ME of all people painting, right?) and genuinely enjoy the freedom Orks bring to the table when it comes to conversions and painting.
As you can see, these guys are not stanfard issue by any means. I followed the same basic construction for both:
The starting point was finding the base for the thing to glue everything else to. Deadbolt threw an old pewter killa kan into the deal when I bought the bulk of my Orks from him, and I had little intention of using them, so I figured why not?
The pilot is the driver model from a Trukk that weren't in use yet, and the tail fins are also from Trukks: they're one of the cross beams from the bed of the trukk cut in half and put at the back end. Then I put a vehicle gun mount at the end and so it works. Even has some rivets in the piece i painted as yellow lights. The rotor engine is one of the killa kan's legs tured upside down with some pieces of sprue glued in for the rotor blades
I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I had making the things, can't wait to use em and i hope i gave you an idea or two how to spruce up your own stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment