Thursday, April 7, 2016

Escalation 500 game 2

Alright, this is my game against Papabear. Sorry i don't have pictures of this one either, I'll make sure to start doing that more in the future. I also apologize because it's been too long since I've updated this and so I've forgotten a few details.

My list:
Warboss "Kon Kushin "
-Bike
-Power klaw
-Finkin' Kap

Gretchin
No upgrades

Boyz
-Nob
--Power klaw
--Boss pole

Deffkopta
-Rokkit

Bikes
- +3 bikers
-Nob
--big choppa
--boss pole

Looted Wagon
-Kill kannon 
-X3 Rokkit launchas
-Ram

His list:
Again, not sure of the specifics or points, but weapons and such are accurate.

Commander
-Twin linked Missile pod
-X2 shield drones

X2 units of Fire warriors
-missile turret thing

Pathfinders
-x3 rail rifles

Piranha
-no upgrades

Boradside
-regular missile pods
-high yield missile pods
-X2 missile drones

The battlefield:
both sides had trees everywhere in the deployment zones, in the middle band of the table there was one centralized group of trees, but that was it. One side had a tree smack in the middle.and up front of the deployment zone with a few difficult terrain rivers and creeks strewn about. The other side had a couple smaller bundles of trees in the corner on the right and another to the left in the front of the zone.

The game type:
We played the tactical escalation mission from the maelstrom of war missions

Deployment:
He won the roll to go first and set up his forces in a line on the side with the central tree and the riverbeds. Significantly, he place his broadside on one side if the tree itself and left his commander way at the table edge on my left and his piranha on the right.
For myself, i placed my grots and kopta behind the little tree on the left side of my zone and the wagon on the right, angled to give my bikes a wall of sorts. I placed Kushin and his unit behind the side of the wagon right at the edge of my deployment zone, hoping to use it as a mobile wall to defend against the bulk of his army.

I failed to seize the initiative, so we go onto his turn.

His turn 1:
Being gunline tau, he doesn't moveanything except his piranha, which shoots up the board, hugging the right table edge. In his shooting phase, He spends his entire army to take down my looted wagon and just barely nails it with glances (his missile-side did absolutely nothing to it!), scoring first blood. His piranha was just out of range to take a shot at Kushin and my bikes.
End of the turn, he scored only first blood.

My turn 1:
My boyz move up to yhe centralized tree and barely get into cover status, my grots do their thing and start a congo-line between two objectives, deffkopta moves up with the boyz into the central terrain patch (which also has an objective). Kushin and bikes move full speed towards the piranha, which conveniently moves them out of line of sight for the broadside. In the shooting phase, grots run, boyz run, and bikes shoot. I hadn't realised, at this point, just how ludicrous ork bike shooting is and was pleasantly surprised when out of the 21 shots, I made about a dozen or so, and scored 3 glances and 2 penetrating hits taking it out soundly, even after jinking.
End of the turn, I managed to score an objective for the one my grots were already holding.

His turn 2:
The only movement he did was his commander up a little bit. In shooting: unable to get a full line of sight on my bikes with his broadside, he fires anyway with the one missile drone that could see them and followed up with both units of fire warriors killing only 2 of my bikes. His Pathfinders blew up my deffkopta with rail rifles.
End of the turn he scored two more points (I don't remember what for though).

My turn 2:
Looking at the board, and measuring just how far away my boys were from reaching the closest unit of fire warriors and decided to call a WAAAGH! My grots continued to stretch out towards the center objective, my bikes moved up onto the fires warriors that my boyz were squaring off on. Boyz, moving through cover, only rolled a 2... However, in my shooting phase, they rolled a full on 6! Hell yeah! Now they were all out of terrain and 10 inches away from the fire warriors. Since my bikes have actual armor, I declared an assault on them first to absorb all the overwatch, and lost another 2 of them, leaving me with my Nob, Kushin, and one scrub biker. Rolling horribly and then thanking Gork and Mork for the 'ere we go rule, my bikes made it into combat. My boyz, however, were vert motivated to krump the gitz that broke, as Papabear's kid calls it, "da party bus", and rolled an 11 to get into da fightin'. Not wanting to waste time, Papabear just sighed and picked up his warriors and had me roll for consolidation. My bikes took a more defensive position behind da boyz (hiding my klaw nob in the back, of course), and Kushin moved around back to hide.from the broadside around the tree.
End of the turn, I believe I scored nothing, with a total of 3-1 in his favor.

His turn 3:
Panicking, he moved his remaining fire warriors closer to my small mob and moved the commander to the side.to try to pincer me. Fortunately for me, i had put my boyz in an arc around my bikes giving papabear the choice of either shooting my 6+ save boyz, or my 3+ jink bikes. So he decided to kill 8 of my boyz and put a wound on my bike nob and ignoring Kushin.
He managed to somehow score all 3 of his cards, pulling him ahead futher.

My turn 3:
Down to one boy with a klaw nob, a couple of bikes and Kushin, i did the only thing any self respecting ork would do: I charged. Kushin rushed the solo broadside, and butchered it and the drones with his Klaw, and i had what was left of my boyz declare a multi charge on the Pathfinders and fire warriors. Thanks to overwatch, none of them survived. However, through the gore and bodies, my 2 bikes charged through and managed to make contact with bothe the fire warriors and the pathfinders. Miraculously, the 5 Pathfinders managed to kill my boy bike, losing one of their own in the resulting death throws of the boy. The Nob, on the other hand, managed to take out 2 of the warriors with his big choppa. Both units managed to pass their leadership checks and stayrd locked in. Kushin consolidated with the intent to turbo boost towards the objective, in the next turn, that was guarded by the commander, which was one of my cards.
End of my turn, I scored one more card, bringing the game closer within my reach, at 6-2

His turn 4: at this point, all the other games have finished and everyone was surrounding our table, and it was decided that this would be the last turn due to time constraints.
Feeling brave, the tau commander decided to shoot and charge Kushin, to deny him the charge bonuses, scoring a wound in the shooting phase. When the charge was declared, Kushin got some overwatch revenge and killed one of the shield drones! Never again will I doubt the power of Orky dakka. The commander made the distance, and got to strike first, hitting twice, wounding twice... With a 4+ save, i realized how squishy Kushin was at this point. In my moment of hesitation to roll the saves, Crispy Crusader and General Baites started chanting "Kon Kushin!" over and over until the whole table was saying it, and i rolled my saves: a six and a four, and the crowd went absolutely insane! In returning attacks, Kushin scored 2 wounds and thw shield drone attempted to tank both... But failed the first one with a 3, leaving the last wound to allocate and instant death the commander, Kon Kushin wins again! Meanwhile, my wounded bike Nob continues to clean house, switching his ap5 attacks to the Pathfinders to kill them dead and clear out some clutter leaving Papabear with 2 Pathfinders and 3 fire warriors.
End of his turn, he stayed put at 6 points, with his solid, 4 point lead.

My turn 4:
At this point, all i have to do is finish off his models for a tabling win, so Kushin moves up and charges into the melee, killing a firewarrior on the hammer of wrath, and ripped the others to shreds. Nob, on the other hand, killed another pathfinder, and neither of my models took any damage. End of the assault, he was left with one pathfinder. All Papabear had to do to win was stay on the field to secure a win. He failed his moral check just barely with a 1 and a 2 on the dice, but managed to bead Kushin on the initiative check, NOPE-ing away. Unfortunately, he NOPE'd off the table, giving me victory by tabling, and the crowd just lost their minds, chanting "Kon Kushin!" again and just overwhelming me with feelings of confidence in my little Ork warband.

No comments:

Post a Comment